Ramakrishna Mission Shillong Guest House
Ramakrishna Mission, Shillong has got a Guest House 'SARADA DHAM' with seven rooms and a small dormitory which can accommodate about twenty-five people in total. However, it is not allowed for commercial purposes and reserved for devotees and admirers of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission who support Ramakrishna Order's Service Activities. The Guest House is run with donation from the said people. Reservations can be made in advance not more than three months before the schedule days of boarding and lodging. Usually it is not allowed for more than three days to any group or individual.
Ramakrishna Mission, Shillong has got a very small guest house. Shillong being a hill station and very expensive, many tourists want accommodation here. This being a sanctified place, only genuine devotees/admirers/supporters of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission and its affiliate bodies get the privilege of staying here.
Following information is required for considering and prioritizing any request for guest house accommodation.
- Whether you/ majority of the visiting group desirous of visiting this place is/are initiated devotee of Ramakrishna Order? If yes, initiated by whom, when and where:
- Whether you /majority of the visiting group are the ex-student of Ramakrishna Mission? If yes, which Mission and period:
Whether you / majority from the group associated with any centre of Ramakrishna Math /Ramakrishna Mission or any centre under Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Bhava Prachar Parishad? If yes, with which centre and since when?
- Whether you /leader of the visiting group can bring any letter of introduction from any monk of Ramakrishna Order or from the Secretary/President of the Bhava Prachar Parishad centre (associated as mentioned above).
- Whether you / each members of the group are willing to abide by all Rules and Regulations of Mission Guest House
- Have you / group of candidates any previous experience of staying in this Guest House or any other Guest House of Ramakrishna Math & Ramakrishna Mission centre? If yes, when and where?
Expectations from our honoured guests
As we wish you a fruitful visit and memorable stay at Shillong, we expected from you the following things:-.
- Please enter your particulars in the Guest House Register on arrival and produce your I.D proof (one for a group).
- Please check all the items provided in your room in the presence of the Guest-House caretaker and ensure that you get them clean and in good condition. Prior to your leaving if any defect is found in the items given in your room, you may be held responsible for the same.
- Please maintain cleanliness, calm and serenity in the premises of Ashrama & Guest House.
- Guests must take prior approval in case they have to go out of the campus before 6.00 am or return after 8.00 pm. They should try not to miss morning Prayer, Arati, and discourses (if any) in the temple as scheduled.
- The guests are requested to confine their requirement within the existing arrangement of the service of the Guest House. Suggestion is always welcome.
- Guests must intimate well in advance for their Prasad and also for skipping it (Prasad). There is no room service facility. The timing of the Dining Hall at Ashrama premises as follows :-
- Breakfast: 7.00 a.m. Noon Prasad (Lunch) 12.00 noon.
- Evening Tea: 3.30 p.m. Night Prasad (Dinner): 8.45 p.m.
No food will be available thirty minutes after the time stated above.
- Shillong being a costly city, the guests are expected to reduce the Ashram’s financial burden. Though there are no fixed charges, guests are requested to donate at a minimum rate of ₹300/per day/per member for maintaining the guest house and continuation of the service.
- Guest house will not be available from first week of November to last week of February.
- Smoking and Drinking of Alcohol are strictly prohibited and person (s) under alcoholic influence are not allowed to stay inside mission premises.
- Mission authorities owe no responsibility for loss/damage of the guests’ belongings. Please ensure your valuables are well protected.
- It is expected from the guests that each member of the group remains present while paying courtesy visit to the secretary/ in-charge.